ATTENTION! IF YOU USE PERMANGANATE AT YOUR PLANT, PLEASE READ BELOW (FROM IDEM NOTICE)
Due to a large fire occurring at a chemical plant operated by Carus LLC in LaSalle, LaSalle County, Illinois on Wednesday, January 11, 2023,, they believe they will not be able to fulfill all orders for potassium and sodium permanganate for approximately the next 90-days.
IDEM RECOMMENDS ASSESSING YOUR SUPPLIES:
- Coordinate with your supplier(s) regarding any planned/upcoming deliveries
- Conserve existing supplies
- Contact InWARN regarding potential mutual aid and assistance from the InWARN network
- Contact IDEM to discuss steps that can be taken (alternative chemicals, treatment processes changes, etc.)
- Communicate potential impacts to treatment operations to customers
If you need to report chemical supply chain issues to IDEM, or if you have any questions about this IDEM notice, do not hesitate to contact Travis Goodwin at 317-775-5473 or by email at: Tgoodwin1@idem.IN.gov.
You may also contact INWARN or Sherri Winters, Alliance Programs Manager, as we all communicate such emergencies to one another. email@example.com or 317-408-4284